The Canine First Responder Course teaches you the critical skills you need to deal with an emergency involving dogs in a calm and effective manner.
The course is fully accessible and adaptable. Personal assistants and assistance dogs are welcome, please let me know your needs in advance.
The Canine First Responder Course is the only dog first aid course approved by Emergency First Response, the largest certification agency for First Aid and CPR training.
You will learn:
- How to assess the scene/emergency situation
- The effective use of barriers
- Safe muzzling
- Primary Assessment
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- How to perform canine CPR & Rescue Breathing
- What to do when a dog is choking
- How to deal with serious bleeds
- How to recognise and what to do if a dog has shock or heatstroke
- What to do in the event of canine neck and spinal injuries
- Effective canine bandaging techniques
- How to use splints for canine fractures and sprains
- And much more!
The CFR course is held in the Guide Hall at Battle Recreation Ground with access to disabled parking and toilet facilities. The course is a FULL day, please bring lunch with you.